Environmental Benefits of a Healthy, Sustainable Lawn
Table of Contents
- Turfgrass and Water Quality
- Turfgrass and the Soil Environment
- Turfgrass Benefits Related to Temperature Modification
- Other Turfgrass Benefits to the Environment
- Turfgrass Benefits Related to the Human Element
- Literature Cited
Lawn areas around homes help provide for a family's outdoor recreational needs. They provide aesthetically pleasing backdrops for other landscape plantings as well as many environmental benefits. One of the most significant of these is the ability to stabilize soil against water and wind erosion. For these and other reasons mentioned in this chapter, lawn areas are an important part of preserving and protecting soil, air, and water resources.
Proceed to Turfgrass and Water Quality.